Terms & Conditions
- Full payment for your goods is taken when a new order is placed.
- Orders placed via telephone are subject to delivery terms only. (In-store collection available)
- When purchasing your new appliance/s you will be advised of an approximate delivery estimate. We will endeavour to supply your appliance/s as quickly as possible, subject to manufacturer availability.
- Please note that prices vary on a daily basis, when placing your order you are purchasing the item/s at the price/s shown at the time. Should a price subsequently change after the order is placed we are unable to adjust your order.
- In the event that an error is discovered with the price with any goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as we can and give you the option of amending or cancelling your order.
- If your order cannot be fulfilled or is discontinued we will offer an alternative or give a full refund.
- Upon delivery a signature will be required.
- Although we offer an extensive delivery service throughout Devon, Cornwall and Somerset we are currently unable to offer timed calls.
- All large items will be delivered by our two - man delivery team.
- If you need to cancel or re-arrange an existing delivery date please contact our office.
- If required the delivery team can unbox and dispose of the packaging from your new appliance free of charge.
- All appliances MUST be inspected for any damages within 48 hours of delivery. After this time C.R. Wood Electrical Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damages found.
- C.R. Wood Electrical Ltd cannot be held liable for any damage to flooring, this is why we recommend you protect any floorings the delivery team may use during delivery. If, however we cause any other damage to your property please advise your local store within 24 hours of delivery, providing photographs of the damage caused.
- The customer is responsible for measuring access for our delivery team when delivering large appliances. It is down to C.R. Wood Electrical Ltd to decide if an appliance can be returned if access can not be gained. A special order may not be able to be returned or a restocking fee will apply.
- Although we don’t like too, occasionally deliveries may be cancelled at late notice (due to stock shortage, manufacturing delays or delivery vehicle breakdowns). Which is why we strongly advise all customers not to book fitters until they have received the goods, as no claims will be accepted. We shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges and expenses caused by any delay in delivering goods.
- We require notice of any parking restrictions that may be in place.
- A charge may be applied (See table of charges) if we are unable to complete delivery of your item for any of the following reasons:
- You provide insufficient/incorrect contact details or an incorrect delivery address thereby resulting in a failed delivery.
- You refuse delivery upon arrival of our delivery vehicle.
- There is nobody at the delivery address to accept delivery. You must ensure that you can be available all day on your chosen day of your delivery.
- Customers may assist the delivery team at their own risk.
- Once the delivery has been accepted at the delivery address you have a duty of care for the goods. In the event that you or a third party transport the goods from the delivery address to another location we cannot be held liable.
- If you would like to collect your new appliance please contact your local store who can make relevant arrangements.
- If you require spare parts for a product purchased from us, you can order them from our office on 01803 812498 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The C.R.Wood install team will replace like for like, and by this we mean the same type of appliance in the same position, using the same connections (plumbing and electrical).
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all appliances will fit, have the right power supplies available and the relevant ventilation and clearances required.
- As part of the install service we will:
- Unpack your new product, remove and dispose of the packaging.
- Remove the plinths and panel doors of the old appliance.
- Connect the new appliance to existing pipe work or electrical supply.
- Basic carpentry work (additional holes, cutting work surface for bigger hob) Additional charges may apply.
- Level the appliance and fit in space.
- Fit the existing panel door to the new appliance.
- Remove the old appliance. (Chargeable)
- C.R.Wood Electrical Ltd will guarantee all installation work for 28 days.
- Before ordering you should ensure:
- The existing panel door is in a suitable condition to be fitted.
- Your appliance will fit into the existing housing.
- There is easy access to the existing pipe work and stop valves are working correctly (Wet appliances)
- What we do not do:
- Make any alterations to existing plumbing or electrical connections.
- Connect the appliance if it puts the fitter or customer at risk.
- Connect the appliance is it does not meet safety guidelines.
- Make any alterations to stone worktops.
- Failed Installations:
- If an installation fails because the customer did not inform us of any reason why it may not be successful or because the customer did not comply with the terms & conditions stated we reserve the right to make a failed installation charge of half the original installation connection fee. This charge applies per appliance.
- C.R. Wood Site Survey:
- If you are unsure whether your new appliance will be suitable we can offer a site survey service.
- Although we offer an extensive Installation service throughout South West, we are currently unable to offer timed calls. The service department can be contacted on: 01803 812498
Manufacturer’s Guarantees and Protection Plans:
- All items are covered by a minimum of a 12 month manufacturer warranty. This is subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions which can be found on their websites.
- We take all complaints very seriously. If you have concern for complaint please contact your local store
- You always have the option of an exchange or refund if a fault occurs within 21 days of delivery. If a fault occurs within the guarantee period, we will offer you a prompt repair service. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault.
- If your product is over 21 days old and develops a fault, if the item is still within manufacturer’s warranty, please contact our service department direct on: 01803 812498
- Manufacturers will not cover faults caused by accidents, neglect, misuse or normal wear and tear.
- If an item is ordered incorrectly or in error and no longer required a returns charge will be made. (See table of charges) Items are only returnable if they are in a boxed as new condition. We do not accept returns of unboxed items or if they have been used or installed.
- Damaged or unwanted items must be reported within 48 hours of delivery and are subject to inspection.
- Do not install or use any damaged items, this counts as acceptance of goods and deems them non-returnable.
- Do not unbox any unwanted items as this counts as acceptance of goods and deems them non-returnable. You have duty of care whilst the goods are in your possession and we reserve the right to charge you for any damage that may have occurred during this period.
Table of Charges:
Re – Delivery: £24.99 per item
Cancellation: £49.99 per item
Re - handling of incomplete, unwanted items: Up to 50% Subject to Manufacturer
50% of connection charge per appliance
Your Statutory Rights
None of the above affects your statutory rights as a consumer. We reserve the right to amend our terms and conditions clauses wherever consumer statutory rights are not affected.
You can now recycle your old electricals with us.
If you’re buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.